It is very important to apply grease properly when replacing fuser film sleeves. Improper installation will result in no-turning or damage of the film. Please follow the following instruction to replace fuser film sleeves:
1. Take off damaged/used fixing film from fixing film assembly or fuser.
2. Clean surface of heating element using Q-tip with alcohol.
3. Scoop up grease from the grease container with a spatula, a wooden spatula is preferred.
4. Apply grease to about 15-20 places on the surface of the heater (heating element and fixture). Total amount of grease to apply is around 0.035oz or 1 gram for Letter/A4, and 0.07 oz or 2.0 gram for A3(wide) paper printer.
5. Place the spatula at an angle on the surface of the heater and spread the grease evenly over the surface with one forward and backward movement. Make sure no grease is applied to the surface of the film sleeve.
6. Position the film into heater, and the end of the film with ground ring should be in good contact with the conductive rubber gear of pressure roller or the conductive brush after installation.
7. Turn the film many times by hands. When you feel film turning is free, you can assemble fixing film assembly with pressure roller.